Why should we regularly clean our electric shaver?
- Hygienically, if our electric shavers are cleaned regularly, the shaver won’t play as the host to unpleasant bacteria. When skin cells and hairs are accumulated inside the shaver, it stimulates bacterial growth. Just imagine if you have some nicks or cuts on the skin and shaves using an unclean shaver, there’s an actual risk of infection as those accumulated bacteria from the razors could transfer to your face and neck.
- Cosmetically, not having those hairs and bits of skin blocking up the shaver’s cutting blades would result in a cleaner, closer and smoother shaving experience. It would also reduce the risk of dull razor blades tearing the skin that leaves behind some marks if not, abrasions.
- Functionally, a regularly cleaned electric shaver would be an efficient piece of grooming equipment as the blades could freely move which should result in a closer cut. This would also make the shaver to last longer as there is lesser stress on the shaver’s motor.
Try to recall the last time you’ve thoroughly cleaned your shaver. If it has been quite for some time now, then you should follow these steps in cleaning your electric shaver.
Steps for Cleaning an Electric Shaver Manually
Every time or two you’ve finish using your electric shaver, simply take off the shaver’s cutting head then blow the hairs accumulated on your shaver down the sink or into a rubbish bin. With this, it will lessen the amount of buildups of hairs and skin cells along with other debris prolonging towards the usefulness of your shaver. Then give time to do a thorough cleaning once a week. Make sure to unplugged or disconnect your electric shaver from the outlet before cleaning or taking it apart.
A Few Weekly Steps To Take in Cleaning Electric Shavers:
- Carefully take off the shaver’s cutting head by lifting it off its support. Brush off the hairs and other debris you find in it by using a special brush specifically made for it or a soft bristled new toothbrush. Normally, electric razor comes with a brush that is specially made for cleaning.
- Under the screen is where the cutter that should be well cleaned. Be a bit firmer when brushing on with this area since it is where most residues gather from your shave. Attempt to get rid of every bit of matter you can find.
Monthly steps to take for a more thorough cleaning
- Underneath the cutter block, check the rubber gasket and see for any signs of cracks. If a crack is found in it, you should replace the gasket as it prevents the hairs and dirt from going in.
- Remove the shaver’s cutters and combs while being cautious to not mix those up.
- Remove any debris found by using a soft brush.
- Dip into soapy water or in a special cleaning agent.
- Let all of the parts to completely dry.
- Assemble back the shaver, turn it on. With the use of an aerosol spray lubricant for shavers, finish by gently spraying the foil. These will lubricate the moving parts while it degreases the cutting blades as well.
Things To Remember:
It is best to read the manufacturer’s manual prior in cleaning the shaver. Different brands may have different ways of effectively cleaning it, and also to acquire more knowledge about cleaning the shaver. Don’t forget to unplug the shaver from the outlet before cleaning or taking it apart.
Electric Shavers With Cleaning System
Nowadays, you can find a lot of electric shavers that comes with a cleaning system of their own, just like the Braun Series 7 790cc. Usually the cleaning system is combined in the charger. This means that you’ll get a charged, clean and lubricated electric shaver ready to use, making you look at your best.
Most brands and models of shavers with the cleaning system have the same functions:
- Cleans, all the hairs and other debris are removed by an alcohol cleansing agent.
- Lubricates, the cleaning solution is commonly combined with the lubricant. This makes sure that the razor blades are working effectively for the closest shave possible.
- Dries, the shaver’s cleaning system features a heating function that ensures all of those moving parts are thoroughly dried.
When you feel that you need to upgrade your shaver. Take time in searching for your next best electric shaver to enjoy. Consider your experience with the type and brand of the shavers you’ve used in the past. Recall what type of shaver gave you the better shave, whether it’s a rotary or a foil shaver. Then go for the same brand that gave you the best shaving experience, from there you could start well in finding the best shaver that will perfectly suits you. Don’t forget to clean and take good care of your electric shaver, for a long lasting shaver that gives you a closer, cleaner and smoother shaving experience.
Discover more tips and advice on electric shavers to get the closest shave possible while preventing irritation from occurring. Visit us at http://www.electricshaving.net