Gentleman, the time has come. There is an issue that we must address and it affects all of us. Some of us ignore the problem, while others try to combat the issue head on with no success. I am talking about enlarged pores. Now, unless your skin looks like your mother just gave birth to you, then pay no attention to this article; for the rest of us, I’m here to tell you how to shrink your pores and keep them that way. After all you don’t want to be that guy at the party who they dub crater face.
For starters, the main reason people develop enlarged pores is simply due to genetics. Most of the time we can’t fight what were born with. However, there are many other factors that can contribute to enlarged pores, which we should all try to avoid.
- First off sun damage, years of sun damage can enlarge the pores (guess our mothers were right on the importance of sun block), so make sure you are always wearing some sort of sunscreen. Many moisturizers already contain sun block.
- Oily skin, most of the time if we have oily skin it causes our skin to thicken and our pores to enlarge. So make sure your face cleansing regimen is combating oily skin if you have it.
- Stay hydrated, it is really important to stay hydrated at all times. When our bodies lack water our skin becomes dehydrated and our pores begin to enlarge.
- Wash your face, our skin is a living organ and with time if you don’t wash your face it causes dead skin cells to accumulate in your pores, thus clogging them and enlarging them.
So, now how do we combat these problems?
- Try to exfoliate at least once a week, this ensures that you get rid of all the dead skin cells on your skin and unclog your pores. As always, make sure that you moisturize afterwards.
- Wash your face twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon or evening. This will keep the oils on your skin under control and keep your skin from becoming thick and porous.
- Using pore stripes is also a great way to unclog the pores on your nose and shrink them. You can even buy pore strips that are specially made for other parts of your face besides the nose. They are quick, inexpensive, and simple to use.
- Try to stay hydrated, this is the most important part. If our bodies our not fully hydrated, our skin cannot work at its full potential in order to maintain its health.